Robert Agarwal is a Principal at Momentum Advisors. With over 18 years of financial advisory and investment banking experience, he has been consistently ranked as one of the top 10 crisis managers in the country.
With over 15 years as a turnaround and restructuring professional, Mr. Agarwal advises clients on financial and operational improvements as well as debt restructurings and re-financings. His client responsibilities include interim management (Chief Restructuring Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer), financial and operational analyses, overseeing day-to-day operations and providing forecasts, projections and court filings. He has also managed several due diligence projects covering financial and operational deficiencies as well strategies to protect stakeholder value.
Prior to joining Momentum, Mr. Agarwal was a Director at CBIZ and at Executive Sounding Board Associates, a nationally recognized boutique turnaround and restructuring firm. His early career, was with Navigant Consulting’s Corporate Finance and Restructuring practice and he started his career as an Investment Banker at Deutsche Bank.
Mr. Agarwal has extensive restructuring experience in Chapter 11 and in out of court proceedings. He has served as Chief Restructuring Officer, Liquidating Trustee and Financial Advisor. His clients have ranged in size from middle market closely held businesses to large multi-billion dollar companies. He has extensive experience in across many industries. Selected industries include manufacturing and distribution as well as construction, retail, healthcare, and non-profits. He holds the Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP) and Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) and is active in the Turnaround Management Association as a board member. Mr. Agarwal graduated from the University of Virginia with a B.A. in Economics.
Mr. Agarwal has extensive experience in managing clients through Chapter 11 bankruptcies with successful results:
- He served as Debtors’ Crisis Manager and Financial Advisor for a $700MM distributor and structured a 100% recovery for all creditors.
- He served as Debtors’ Crisis Manager and Financial Advisor for a $100MM manufacturer.
- He served as Financial Advisor for a $70MM construction company which resulted in a successful complete takeout of Bank of America with financing provided by a new lender.
- He served as Financial Advisor to Creditor Committees on matters that ranged from $40MM – $2B.
- He served as Liquidating Trustee in dozens of Chapter 11 matters.
Mr. Agarwal holds the following certifications and board position:
- Certified Insolvency Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA) – Philadelphia Chapter – Board Member
- Mr. Agarwal graduated from the University of Virginia with a B.A. in Economics.